Monday, May 14, 2018

Margot Kidder Passes Away at Age 69

With actress Margot Kidder in May 2009.

Margot Kidder's passing has just been announced by various news outlets. I was lucky enough to meet Ms. Kidder at a horror con in May 2009, and she surpassed all my expectations. I was never much of a Superman fan (in any of the character's incarnations), but I wanted to meet Ms. Kidder, so I bought a lobby card from Brian De Palma's Sisters (1973) for her to sign.

Despite being one of the bigger names at the convention, I found her to be one of the friendliest guests. He had an nice chat in which she seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. That memory was one of the highlights of my convention-going experiences in America, and I'm very sorry to hear that she has passed away.

RIP, Ms. Kidder.

No comments:

Post a Comment