Sunday, September 3, 2017

OUT AND ABOUT IN ROPPONGI! Taking in the Various Sights!

Tokyo Tower stands tall in Minato Ward. Photo by Brett Homenick.

During my travels today, I visited Roppongi Hills and decided to take some photos of the scenery. It's nothing new to this blog, but I decided to take the opportunity.


Mori Tower in Roppongi Hills is the sixth-tallest building in Tokyo and has an observation deck that provides an excellent view of the city.


I've been in Japan so long that I remember when it was the fifth-tallest building in the city! (The Tokyo Skytree wasn't finished at the time.)


The bronze sculpture Maman has been a fixture in Roku-Roku Plaza for many years, and it's most definitely an attention-getter. Who wouldn't immediately pay attention to a 10-meter spider?


In the distance, Tokyo Tower was clearly visible. Of course, if you've seen any number of kaiju movies over the years, you're well aware of this structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment